Stadium Project Update - 3.4.2020
I wanted to take the time to detail out the specific plans for all the rennovations and additions to the SHS Stadium and surrounding fields between the SHS Boosters and the WCPS partnership.
We have the site plan and engineering work completed and approved for the (2) new buildings mentioned below. We have $805k slated toward the approx. $1.2M project which meets the
Board of Education(BOE) requirement, allowing us to bid the project for completion!!!
Detail design work is 90% complete and we anticipate it to be final next month. The (BOE) will then go through a bid process and award this part of the project to a GC this summer.
We will then get site marked for construction and established a start date for earth moving to commense, which we anticipate to be this Fall.
1st Building - New concession stand, temp controlled Storage, ticket window and volunteer bathroom.
2nd Building - New Boys & Girls Locker rooms and a dedicated room for the Trainer.
List of the other Capital Campaign Projects (note list is not in any order)
- Artificial Turf - replace grass and install Turf for all sports
- Track - add 1 lane to hold Regional & State Events, resurface entire Track.
- Scoreboard - (3) Install New Scoreboards at Stadium, Baseball and Softball fields
- Field Lights - Replace poles and lights at Stadium
- Baseball - Replace back stop, add bleacher and elevated Press Box
- SoftBall - Add bleacher with elevated Press Box, look to enhance Back stop
- Practice Fields - move stone road a bit, add atleast 1 new Full Size Practice field.
We need your generous donations to accomplish something that this County has never seen. Every dollar counts! Please review our site for all the ways to donate and reach out if you have any
SHS Boosters Stadium Project Manager